Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Graphic, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||F. M. Kirkpatrick|
Group portrait of workers of the Car Department operating out of the Big Four shops in Beech Grove, taken in 1919. In 1889 four railway lines in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Missouri combined to form the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway or "Big Four," which had its headquarters in Indianapolis. In 1906, Beech Grove was chosen as the sight for repair shops for the line.
Retrieving notes about this item